January was the first (of 6) months of the rollersetting challenge.
So far the purple Hot Tools rollabout dryer been a great investment. I use it for everything (DCing, rollersetting, air drying etc).
Revisited flexi-rods this month and I love 'em!!
Heat usage: Minimal. The flat iron has only been used on my leave-out hair when half-wigging...haven't even looked at my blow dryer, and gave away the curling iron this month :)
After a month of trial and error, here's the setting regimen:
1) Shampoo and deep condition
2) Leave-in Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin, Mosturize with Lacio Lacio
3) Rolletset using plain water
4) Sit under dryer for an hour
5) Apply serum and wrap
Been tweaking the products and techniques this month too!
Three January Favorites:
- Nioxin Thermal Bliss Heat protector
- Keracare Intensive Restorative Masque, Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, and edge tamer (I've liked every keracare product I've tried)
- Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss (My CHI SIlk Infusion ran out so I decided to give this a try)