I've been on my hair journey for YEARS and I haven't reached my final goal of waist length yet! That goes to show I am a very slow grower, and I've had some BLOOPERS along the way! Going to share them with you so we can both learn from my mistakes :)
5) Protective styling blooper: Last year when I detangled cornrows, I combed through my hair like it was a regular 2-minute detangling session. FAIL. In the end I had to cut out a small knot at the back. It just wouldn't budge!
4) Build-up Blooper: my skin broke out because of product build up. Now I make sure to clarify twice a month with Quantum Clarifying Shampoo to keep breakouts at bay.
3) Protective styling blooper 2: If you're going to protective style with halfwigs, make sure you're not wearing one while with your man, or make sure it's pinned really tight. That's all I'm gonna say for now!
2) Anyone who knows me knows I'm a total DIYer when it comes to hair. I style, treat and trim my own hair (with the help of my mom when it comes to relaxing). After finals I had the bright idea of getting my hair done at the salon. Long story short it was a bad experience...I learned the hard way that no one will ever be as gentle with my hair as me! Especially when I'm 12 weeks post!
1) Electricity fail: I rollerset my hair perfectly and it was ready to go. I was sitting under the dryer with my laptop handy. An hour into drying time, I heard a pop sound and my entire room went pitch black. My dryer blew a fuse! Smh!! I had to air dry the rest of the way.
What was your most recent hair care blooper? Comment below I'd love to read it!