- Base scalp w/ petroleum jelly and apply protective pre-treatment to previously relaxed hair
- Mix relaxer creme + activator + oil
- Apply, smooth and rinse thoroughly with water
- Mid-protein step with Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
- Neutralizing shampoo...rinse and repeat many times
- Color rinse
- Deep condition
- Apply leave-ins
- Blow dry, flat iron and take a billion pics :)
Regimen + Goals
My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.
I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.
Wednesday, 4 May 2011
Relaxer Day Regimen
I'm relaxing tomorrow! here are my steps: