Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Reviving Colors

I swear, relaxing at home can take up the whole morning and afternoon. I'm still not done smh!

Immediately after neutralizing my relaxer I used Dark and Lovely Reviving Colors Semi-Permanent Haircolor in natural black. Due to a combo of relaxers and the sun, my hair has become brownish so I decided to darken it up for a change. I noticed it made my hair feel different..bad different...like straw...anyway I left that on with a plastic cap and heat cap for 30 mins. After rinsing my hair still felt like straw and I had a new dilemma...I have NO moisturizing deep conditioners! All these products and no moisturizing DC smh! Usually I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner but I'm all out. So I used One n Only Restorative Mask and it came in clutch. Softened my hair immediately and brought it right back to life. It has some protein but honestly it is comparable to Kenra MC *for my hair*. I left it on for about 7 mins and rinsed. Now I'm sitting here air drying and I have to leave for night class soon, so step 9 of my relaxer process will have to wait. For now I'm enjoying my freshly relaxed hair :) Oh and the front is slightly underprocessed which is cool with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...