Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Monday 2 May 2011

Relaxer Preparation

Today I went to a brand new BSS (it's huge! like a wonderland *le sigh*) and managed to retain my composure. Kept reminding myself I already have everything I need at home so no point in buying more stuff! I did pick up a relaxer kit:

The relaxer I've been using since August 2008. Love it!
I was planning on stretching for a long time (12+ weeks) but now that the box is sitting in my room I might relax sooner.

Tonight I started my relaxer preparation:
1. Shampoo with HE CMH shampoo
2. Protein Treatment w/ Joico K-Pak
3. Final rinse with porosity control
4. Leave-in (CHI Keratin Mist)
5. Moisturize with HE CMH condish
6. Air dry w/ satin scarf to lay down edges
7. Seal with Vatika Oil

Up until relaxer day I will be greasing my scalp and oiling my hair daily. But I'm trying to figure out if it's ok to use Vatika oil prior to my relaxer day. Who knows what reaction the lemon could cause...also, the relaxer instructions say not to use Henna (and as we all know Vatika oil is nothing more than coconut oil +henna+lemon+other stuff)...so I'm stumped.

Update: I relaxed my hair, Vatika oil and all. It was perfectly fine

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand about the new BSS, my favorite has EVERYTHING! In addition to every African American product line, it also sells NYX makeup and brushes, wigs/weaves/ponytails of all types, the cutest chic for cheap accessories....I almost have to go in with cash only! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I always try to make a mental list of the necessities before I even step foot in there. The cash thing is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...