The coming year I plan to make a few changes with regards to my hair...
1. Minimize the different products I use. I've had so much trial and error that I know exactly what works for my hair for the most part. I no longer get a thrill out of experimenting with different products. I really admire those people with regimens that contain only a few things. So for the new year I plan to give "unloved" products away to friends and family and settle down with a way smaller stash.
2. Spend less on hair. Both time and money...I plan to keep a monthly 'hair budget' of $30 (or less). Doesn't sound like much but that adds up $360 per year....if I overspend in one month it will get carried into the next month(s). As for time, I plan to continue to leave wash days to the weekend (usually Saturday afternoons). I will continue to update this blog just as frequently though! (speaking of the blog...I made a new banner!)
3. This is just an idea...but...social media? Maybe I'll start a twitter or youtube channel...I'm thinking about it...apprehensive about doing the youtube thing for several reasons...but we'll see...(no promises!!). This is kinda related - I'd also like to get a new digital camera. Right now I take all my hair pics on my phone which doesn't do it justice sometimes
5. Get a hooded dryer. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't have one lol. This will allow me to rollerset (which is something I also don't do). Also will allow me to do things more efficiently like dry my braid-outs faster.
6. Stretch relaxers. Well, stretch longer than I normally do. I currently do about 3 months...but I'd love to do regular 4 or 5 month stretches. (But at the end of the day I gotta listen to my hair and if I relax early due to excessive shedding, breakage etc, no big deal!)
What are your hair plans/goals for 2012?