Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Winter Wishlist !

I've been really trying to watch my spending this month because Christmas shopping is right around the corner. Generally, this is my spending habit: I don't buy things often but once in a while I will splurge on things I really love and are of good quality. So I plan on getting these things before the end of the year:
  • A cute knit hat. I've never really been a hat person but I think this winter is a good opportunity to protect my hair and keep warm with a silk-lined one.
  • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. I've used this conditioner in the past with good results. I'm looking for a strictly moisturizing conditioner that I can use for deep conditioning, co-washes etc. This product does not contain any protein and I've had good results from it in the past (soft, moisturized, shiny hair....it also has natural ingredients and no cones - which is a bonus for minimizing build-up).

  • Natural oils. I took a good, hard look at my product stash and I realize that I basically have NO natural oils. I have a full bottle of Amla (which I can't stand the smell of by the way, no idea how I'm gonna use it up) and Sally's One n Only Argan Oil which doesn't count since it's filled with cones. I'm thinking of getting coconut, extra virgin olive, and/or avocado oil. Also definitely getting Jamaican Black Castor Oil which is a long time staple, I just ran out. 

  • A dry shampoo. Winter means washing my hair less often so I want to use something to freshen up my hair in between washes.
  • A drugstore shampoo and conditioner combo. I liked the Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair line so I might repurchase that. Right now I can't justify this purchase because I have a shampoo and conditioner I'm trying to use up, but I will get this combo at some point this season.


  • Large barrel curling and/or clamp-less iron. You may be wondering...why do I want a heat tool if I'm on a HEALTHY hair journey? Well I don't plan on using heat more often but it would be nice to try a different type of direct heat when I choose to use it. I figure that I've worked so hard this summer (with protective styling especially) that I deserve to reward myself with something that will help me "enjoy" my hair!
What's on your winter wishlist?

13 comments:

  1. I think my major hair purchase of the winter will be on a new hooded dryer... still looking for a good quality one under $150...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hat - that's on my list for the winter too...something that's cute but silk lined is so hard to find that! I have considered buying a hat and having a tailor line it with silk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to try the Aubrey condish as well...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shika I've been wanting a hooded dryer since the beginning of time...I don't think I have enough room for one in my place :(

    Tommie - I got mine at Whole Foods but you can also find it at vitamin shops, health food stores etc.

    FEG: I will most likey line the hat with silk myself or take it to a tailor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw...i nominated you...check out my last post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is cute!!

    Have you tried Aubrey Organics White Camellia? Blows HSR out of the water! My hair feels like super duper moisturized awesome sauce whenever I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to really love the HSR but I have to agree with Shar, the WC is amazing! Both are good, but I'm glad I tried the WC this time around. My winter hair purchase is going to be a steamer. I'd love a Pibbs but that's definitely a long-term savings goal! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the natural oils. I have so few of them and would like to incorporate more into my product stash. Especially as it starts to get colder because I enjoy HOTs. Along with that some AO WC because if it blows HSR out the water then I need some of that in my life. But other than that I'll just be replacing things that run out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the While Camellia suggestion...since I tried (and love) HSR might as well try something new. AO WC it is! *edits post*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I commented on this already but I wanted to comment again and let you know that I tagged you in the seven things tag!

    I'd love to read your "seven things" about you!

    Here's the post:
    http://www.hairiamworld.com/2011/10/ive-been-tagged-seven-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...