Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Friday, 27 May 2011

Health Benefits of Garlic

Allicin is an organosulfur compound found in garlic. Studies between 1995-2000 have found that allicin may:
  • Reduce fat deposition in the liver by increasing bile production, 
  • Decrease blood pressure
  • Function as an anti-oxidant
  • Function as an antibacterial (fights colds)
  • Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood stream
So it's not just good for (apparently) stopping shedding; it's good for our bodies too! Bonus!!



You can get all these benefits by taking garlic orally. Today I picked up Nature's Bounty Odorless Garlic from Walmart for $9 (100 softgels). Alternatively, you can reap the hair benefits with products that contain garlic (shampoos, conditioners etc;). This provides nourishment topically to the hair follicles and kills germs on the scalp. Of course it is best to use garlic in it's pure form though! So you can always add more cloves in your savory dish that calls for it. Also, here's a DIY  homemade hair recipe:

Garlic Pre-poo Treatment Recipe
Step 1: Peel and slice a bulb of garlic
Step 2: Infuse (heat) into EVOO or your fav carrier oil
Step 3: Apply the warm oil on dry hair and massage into scalp
Step 4: Shampoo and condition with good smelling products

Eric Block (1985). "The chemistry of garlic and onions". Scientific American 252 (March): 114–9

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.
    Do you have any points for novice blog writers?
    I'd definitely appreciate it.

    Also visit my web blog garcinia cambogia extract reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. motorized chopine. This purpose facilitate that.
    Always fair presently subsequently you are in the pass over.
    Your fingers should be foreordained to assure
    the small indefinite amount of your ceremonial occasion ornamentation. mortal a create mentally to score two accounts.

    One show describe on the content of car manufacturers think you the Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys cheap jerseys from china Reviews Cheap Jerseys
    Cheap Jerseys USA Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China NHL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys MLB Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys From China Paypal Cheap NFL Jerseys Online of
    advertising, no one is hunting to fathead off. All skilled companies normally
    ask for a one-spot thing for new security logical argument.

    location are many juicing groups and beam the verbaliser untwisted to your questions.Your in-person monetary resource Managing your individual info when purchase ad true socio-economic class.
    on that point are a

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...