Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Confessions of a Product Junkie

Braidout bun w/ braided bang
Just for fun I'll throw in a pic of a braidout bun I created from the old 'Braidout with a Bang'. But this post is about one of my hobbies/obsessions: hair products!! I must say that I've come a long way. I now use better judgment when purchasing things but sometimes I relapse into PJism. Below is a pic of my current stash. I couldn't even fit everything in one pic smh but you get the gist of it. I don't have duplicates of anything so that's good right? Hehe here are my confessions:
  • Every time I visit a store, I always go into the hair care isle. Regardless of whether I need anything or not, its like my body just gravitates there
  • I'm guilty of buying conditioner when I have multiple bottles at home already
  • I store (or hoard, same thing?) my favorite products in my room
This is only part of it. Yikes!
  • When on the subway I make up wish lists and regimens
  • I always read ingredients and if it has stuff my hair likes, that's just another reason to buy it
  • Once I chose to stay home and treat my hair rather than go to the club with friends! and I was just as happy.
  • Multiple people have told me I can open a BSS or hair salon with all the products I have
  • I already have my staples but occasionally consider buying a product if it's raved enough

There are three types of product junkies:
(1) those who just like to try new things
(2) those who are looking for a miracle product and go broke in the process
(3) those who are so entirely lost they buy anything mentioned

I am product junkie type (1) and to be honest I don't think being a (1) is a super terrible thing. It keeps the healthy hair journey interesting, ya know? But types (2) and (3) should re-evaluate their motives, do their research, and step away from the credit card, lol. Anyway, you've seen my stash, now watch it shrink :) One of my main goals for this year is to reduce my products down to the bare minimum so I'll update it every now and then on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. "Once I chose to stay home and treat my hair rather than go to the club with friends! and I was just as happy."

    LMAO i would do something like that too!

    btw your braidout bun looks stunning. can't wait until i become a better stylist with my hair. i've got hair care down pat but my styling....eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witch CHI products do you use

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...