* I'm still on board with the rollersetting challenge! Rollersetting is an amazing way to style your hair and keep it moisturized without using heat. Just 2 nights ago I rolled my hair in flexi-rods after moisturizing and sealing, and left them in overnight for a curly updo the next morning. I've also been staying away from heat, and bunning a lot. Keeping it oh so simple.
* I can't help but feel like my retention needs to be kicked up a notch. I've been seeing great update posts lately from other bloggers and I must say that everyone is on the grow! Except me?! Still (quite happy) at MBL but still have a way to go until waist. maybe the new growth is hiding some length?
* Honeyfig Wishlist: Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Conditioner, and/or Salerm Wheat Germ Conditioning Treatment.
* Sulfur 8: I purchased this product a few days ago to (hopefully) increase my hair growth. There are a ton of sulfur challenges on the hair boards and many people swear by sulfur or sulfur-containing products (ie. MTG, MSM supplements etc) to boost hair growth. So I though what the heck. I found this product at my local beauty supply for 5 dollars, and the sulfur content is 2%. Pretty low risk experiment.
Usually for me, grease/pomade on the scalp means my hair will get greasy and will definitely get itchy the next day. I've been using this product and haven't washed my hair in a couple days. While my scalp and new growth is an oil slick (I'm heavy handed), my scalp is NOT itchy in the least! Which is really strange! I did a little research and this product is supposed to help with dandruff too. Note that it smells absolutely horrendous. But it makes the length of my hair pretty soft. Did I mention the intense and refreshing tingle? Probably from the menthol content. Love it. Makes it feel like my hair is growing lol! I'll be using this until the jar finishes. If I see any results I'll post about it and repurchase.
* Hairstyles: I've been wearing my hair in a bun an awful lot. Or under a wig. Last week I wore my hair straight to my aunt's birthday party but that's about it. Protective styling for the win! I need to buy more wigs though because it's getting to that point in my stretch when just can't be bothered to fuss with my hair.
* Speaking of stretch I will be 9 weeks post as of next Wednesday. I have no ambition to relax any time soon. Especially Since I've been using the Sulfur 8. I can go to at least March, maybe even April. The idea of using a Just for Me texture softener instead of full-out relaxer is intriguing. Either that or my favourte Optimum No-Lye with EVOO mixed in. A local BSS started carrying the Optimum Smart-Lye relaxer which has caught my eye.
* I want to wash my hair either tonight or tomorrow morning. The plan is to:
1) Hot Oil treat, pre-poo and deep condition all at once with Coconut Oil and EVOO (both oils can penetrate the hair shaft)
2) Shampoo with a drugstore shampoo and 2nd lather with Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
3) Condition w/ a drugstore conditioner
4) Leave-in, moisturize and seal