Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Sunday, 25 December 2011

Christmas Weekend Hair Plans

Yesterday was the usual routine...shampoo with Dove, condition with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, and  final rinse with Porosity Control. Leave-in was Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and used One n' Only Argan Oil as a heat protectant (a la NinaPruitt). We're going to my grandmas for Christmas dinner and I plan to wear it straight.

Random Thoughts:
  • I'm 13 weeks post. Originally I planned to relax in January but I might do it sooner because for the first time in forever I actually have plans for new years!!! So a fresh relaxer sounds like a good idea :)
  • I'm less than thrilled with my winter progress. No setbacks thankfully, but I haven't retained as much length as I could have. For the new year I am putting my blow dryer, curling iron and flat iron to rest...they've gotten way to much face time for the past few months and my ends are letting me know it :(
  • Still on the lookout for dryer. At first I was going for the tabletop but I may chalk up the guts to get a higher end one. But we'll see!
  • I should have named this blog something different. I just realized how generic it is
  • Last but not least HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Have a great one!! New year is around the corner :)

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am trying to relax before the end of the year too... I'm only 9 weeks post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the name of your blog...! (",)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...