Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Class of 2012

Jeni from Just Grow Already made a post advertising her newest creation, class of 2012 length check tees. Which got me thinking. I haven't been worrying about my length, which is evident by the fact that my last length check was over 3 months ago. Anyway, don't think I'll make waist length this year (2011). I'm estimating that I will be full MBL by Dec 31, 2011. Which I am absolutely freaking ecstatic about!! Health before length. I did trim my ends a few weeks ago so I hope they are holding up.

2012 is also a big year for me because I graduate university (finance major, human resources minor). Can you imagine how amazing it would be to be on that graduation stage, receiving my degree with healthy hair down to my waist? That would be awesome!! But even if I don't make waist length by my grad, I have come such a long way and I will still be happy. Besides, what if I decide to go natural tomorrow? Being on that stage with a moisturized TWA I would feel just as amazing and accomplished. I guess the point is that I'm ready to graduate after 4 years lol -- four long years, but great nonetheless!! Well it's not done yet, I still have over half a year to go. Note to self: finish strong. Anyway, back to hair!!

I don't like how my hair looks and feels today. But I'm gonna fix it when I get home tonight. Here's how:
- Lightly detangle
- Shampoo with something that contains sulfates
-  Condition in-shower with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor. My hair needs this tonight.
- Rinse and detangle under the shower
- Leave-in: Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Restructurizer
- Air dry overnight.

6 comments:

  1. i feel you. have your senior pics and grad pics with your dream hair will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving your website's new look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...