Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Top 3

I saw this hair tag Longing 4 Length's blog and I had to do it!

 1) Top three things you love about your hair
  • The versitility!!!
  • The natural brownish color
  • It's finally healthy (barely any splits or breakage)
2) Top Three things you have learned since being on your hair journey
  • My hair LOVES oil, protein, and silicones. It also doesn't mind products with petroleum or mineral oil.
  • DONT BE A PRODUCT JUNKIE!!!
  • Find what works for you, and stick to it. Following someone else's regimen is a good starting point but make sure to tweak it to fit your hair. Once you find when your hair likes, stick to it and actually carry out what you claim to be your regimen.
3) Top three things you want to accomplish during your hair journey
  • reach waist length
  • reduce my stash down to the bare minimum
  • Help and/or inspire at least ONE other person (on the internet or in real life) to take better care of their hair

4) Top Three things/Products you love:
  • CHI Silk Infusion
  • Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor 
  • Satin scarf for air drying and protecting hair overnight is an absolute MUST

5) Top three Hair inspirations (youtube or otherwise)
  • WAYYY too many to name...I don't want to name anyone because I will definitely forget someone or I will want to change my list right after I post this lol...*cheese alert* Pretty much everyone who is publicly on a hair journey is my inspiration. Especially those who are relaxed and a similar length as my hair.
If you're reading this, I tag you! :)

    4 comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...