Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Monday 25 July 2011

Haulin'

I'm planning on doing a serious shopping haul soon. I've never done one before, so I'm excited. Why am I doing a haul? Well I'll be visiting the states and I want to take advantage of the lower prices & taxes compared to here in Toronto.

Being a student with a Finance major, it was natural to plan a budget for this trip. I want to focus on clothing, shoes, hair products, and a little makeup/skincare.


Note to self: Things to keep in mind while shopping:
  • You're in a different country, so returning things is out of the question. Be sure about what you buy
  • Quality, not quantity
  • Shop at your own pace, and don't be impulsive

As for hair-related stuff, I want to stock up on Hair One which is not carried at the Sally's branches in Canada.

Oh and I also gotta stock up on NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream! Since it mysteriously disappeared in Canadian stores and I haven't been able to find a replacement moisturizer.

---------------------------

As for my hair, all I've been doing is moisturizing with Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme, and sealing with JBCO on the ends. Right now my hair is in about 12 plaits, and I plan on keeping it like this for the whole week. I'll be protective styling with halfwigs all week.

    2 comments:

    1. Not being impulsive is a great tip...

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love that you budgeted for your vacay shopping! Can't wait to see the haul!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...