Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Today's Wash Day

Here's what I did:
1. Shampooed with CON Argan Oil Shampoo
2. Deep conditioned w/ Queen Helene Cholesterol for 45 mins (shower cap)
3. Lightly oiled and massaged scalp
4. Leave-in: CHI Keratin Mist
5. Moisturizer: Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme
6. Now air drying w/ a satin scarf

Thoughts:
- While applying the QH Cholesterol I noticed something strange. It was getting really creamy and foamy so I double checked the ingredients and to my surprise this product contains SLS as the 5th ingredient. I have no idea why a conditioner would contain a sulfate. But I don't mind because the product is very thick so if a little SLS can help it rinse clean, I'm all for it.

- CHI Keratin Mist is running low. Going back to Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Reconstructurizer when it's completely finished. 

- Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme is some good stuff. I can't get enough of the scent. Nice consistency and very moisturizing at first but it does kind of dry with "hold" which as a relaxed head I don't want. Maybe it'll be good for braid-outs. I have the sample right now so when it's done I'll see if I wanna get the regular size or go with something cheaper with better ingredients.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue with your web site in web explorer, could check this?
    IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a good component of other people will leave out your
    fantastic writing due to this problem.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi therе! I ѕimply ωould like to offеr you a
    big thumbs up for уour excellent information you
    have got here οn this pοѕt. I will be returning to your ωebsite for mοгe sοоn.


    Here is mу web раgе -
    orgаniс pоtting soil *www.wikigreen.eu*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pоst. I learn something nеw and challengіng on websites I stumblеupоn every
    daу. Ӏt ωill alωaуs be hеlρful tо rеad articles from other wrіtегѕ and ρractice something frοm other sites.


    Alsο visit my webpаge - pilates workout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afteг looking at a handful of the blog posts on your web рagе, I reаllу lіκe уouг techniquе οf wгiting а blog.
    I aԁded it to my bооκmark site list anԁ will be
    сhecκing bаck in the nеaг futuгe.
    Ρleаse checκ οut my wеb sіte as wеll and tell me how you feel.


    Аlso visit my blog :: gardening

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this paragгaρh
    is gоod, my siѕtеr іѕ anаlуzіng ѕuch thіngs, thus Ι am going
    to let know her.

    My web blоg: organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...