Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Friday 17 June 2011

The Stretch Begins...

I believe stretching my relaxer touchups is one of the most important things that contributed to my length and thickness retention. So I'm going for a 4 month stretch this time around. I'm currently 6 weeks post...





One inch of new growth. I'm trying to go until August.

This stretch I will be:
  • Keeping moisture/protein in check by alternating btwn protein DC's and co-washing
  • Use a wide tooth comb as little as possible
  • Use Darcy's botanicals transitioning creme on my new growth often
  • Take garlic to minimize shedding
  • Listen to my hair..ultimately if my hair is breaking and shedding like crazy, I'll get a relaxer
  • Listen to my hair part 2...if my new growth co-operates then maybe I'll even stretch longer. Because right now I'm loving my natural hairline in the pics
  • Protective styling to the max but still experiment with no-heat styles
  • Always washing hair standing up in the shower...I hate shower hopping but the tangles I get from washing my hair upside down in the tub/sink are simply not worth it
On my edges is Fantasia IC Gel with ORS Edge Control on top. Lasts all day great combo.

    9 comments:

    1. Wow, you've got a gang of NG at 6 weeks! Good luck on your stretch.

      ReplyDelete
    2. thanks girl for your compliments ;-)
      your waves look SO pretty! that's a LOT of NG for only 6 wks, grow on girl! is that a half-wig or a rollerset? specs pls!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for the good luck on my stretch guys!

      @ECP...I'm wearing my fav halfwig in this...I've never done a rollerset before lol. As for my new growth, some of it was underprocessed from my last relaxer which is why it looks like so much texture going on!

      ReplyDelete
    4. The Olive oil smooth edges and IC gel are a great combination!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Lots of new growth for 6 weeks! :D

      ReplyDelete
    6. 1 inch! in 6 weeks! wow!I wish i would get that. Good luck on your stretch!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your new growth is super pretty.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...