Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Moisturize for waves

Today I went to Honeyfig and picked up Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme. I used it on my new growth and I had to share the results!

...an inch of new growth

..and NO gel!!


At honeyfig the associate (Shontelle) recommended Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme because I stretch my relaxers and was looking for a good moisturizer with no protein. She put some on my nape and it felt super soft and moisturzed. My nape never felt like that before lol no lie. So I got it for $22CAD. Friggin expensive. I also got a sample of shea moisture shampoo and DC which I gave to my friend.

So yeah, for moisturized defined, waves/new growth -- moisturize it! Maybe you guys already knew that. I sure didn't until now. Before, I would just apply moisturizer to my hair focusing on the ends and hope that it would find it's way to my new growth. Guess I gotta be more heavy handed :) Hope this post helps someone!!

1 comment:

  1. I moisturize my new growth by filling a small spray bottle with 1/2 water and 1/2 Hairveda Whipped Creme Ends Hydration and spraying the mixture directly on my new growth and massage it in... instant waves. I love it!

    I've found that I also experience less breakage at the line of demarcation because my new growth is soft and retains elasticity - this has helped IMMENSELY in my stretches.

    2 birds with one stone :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...