Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Washed my hair again...

Really didn't like how my hair felt after yesterday's DC session and co-wash. That DC was simply too thick to be co-washed out; it left my hair kind of clumped together (maybe it was the honey?) I decided to shampoo and condition my hair today (Herbal Essences Color Me Happy shampoo, One 'n Only Argan Oil conditioner) to make it feel normal again. And it worked, my hair is soft, flowy and smells really good. Leave-ins were CHI Keratin Mist and CHI Silk Infusion. I blow dried and will be flat ironing *again* tomorrow. I shouldn't have even washed my hair in the first place, but to be fair I didn't know that I would be starting my first day on the job tomorrow :)

Pic of a braidout I did last month (on dry hair)
I've really not been strict with my regimen lately (too much sulfates, manipulation and flat ironing) because this week is absolutely hectic! I will get back on track though.

To prep my hair for bed tonight I applied CHI Silk Infusion, baggied my ends and tied on my (new) satin scarf. Night!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...